A companion to the TRON 2.0 Unofficial FAQ that provides up-to-date
news about the TRON 2.0 gaming community and TRON in general.



If you're having trouble with the TRON 2.0: Killer App Mod
Read this Troubleshooting Guide




New TRON-Style Glow Shoes

By TronFAQ on Friday, March 02, 2007 at 5:29 PM
Thanks to troff for this news tip. It looks like Reebok may have been "inspired" by the Adidas TRON shoes that are already on the market. They'll be releasing a pair of shoes that glow in the dark, with a TRON-like circuit pattern. These aren't official TRON merchandise, but are in the same vein and I thought were worth mentioning.

Click here for more pictures and information.
 
<< Home

5 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous March 03, 2007 3:50 AM
    (Woo! My millisecond of TRON fame! :-) )
    No, but seriously.

    1) Reading around indicates that Adidas was bought out by Reebok anyway, so...

    2) Look at the heel of the Reebok "Glow" Pump, look for a very familiar-looking T-shape made of three glowing squares and another glowing square at the base; don't that look familiar?

    3) Note in the text, it mentions (and I quote) "The shoe takes inspiration from '80's sci-fi and culture". I'm assuming they aren't referring to "Star Trek" and "Pretty In Pink".

    ... and you northern-hemisphere Canadians and Americans. Heck, you've got local Reebok stores. I'm wondering how long it'll take this kinda thing to filter down to the southern hemisphere... not to mention how much it'll cost.

    My final note: I'd probably prefer these to the Adidas TRONs. It's a kind of purity among merchandises; you wouldn't expect, say, the Doctor's TARDIS to actually have the words "(c) BBC" stamped on the bottom, would you?
  2. Anonymous March 03, 2007 12:36 PM
    I need a pair of those. I already have a pair of the Reebok Aliens Stompers, I rock on special Occasions. You can never have too many sci-fi shoes. I'm still waiting for the Nike Back to the Future 2 sneakers. Nike Wut up?

    -Z
  3. Anonymous March 04, 2007 5:54 PM
    Pumps, my first pair of boks. Paid 125.00 in 1988-89. ouch. Those shoes look cool in green, but one color? They look cheap w/o the soles filled with that phosporescent goo look.
  4. TronFAQ March 05, 2007 7:40 PM
    Ah, see . . . I didn't know Adidas acquired Reebok. I guess they decided to make something similar for their other division, but didn't want to pay twice for a license from Disney.

    Yes, I did notice the T on the heel. These shoes are about as close as you can get to being TRON shoes, without being official.
  5. Anonymous November 11, 2007 11:35 PM
    Oh my god. This is incredibly awesome, thanks for the article! A friend brought this to my attention and I will undoubtedly go get these!! Ive already got the Adidas Trons, so it's a given :)

Post a Comment