A companion to the TRON 2.0 Unofficial FAQ that provides up-to-date
news about the TRON 2.0 gaming community and TRON in general.



If you're having trouble with the TRON 2.0: Killer App Mod
Read this Troubleshooting Guide




Avi Speaks, And You Should Listen

By TronFAQ on Saturday, April 14, 2007 at 10:04 PM
I prefer to keep any articles I post strictly related to news, and other items that are of interest or entertaining to TRON fans. But once in a while, something really important will come up that involves the community itself and the state it's in. This is one of those times. And I feel it's important people are made aware of it.

Every gaming community has its dramas . . . and the TRON 2.0 community is certainly not immune to it, despite its small size.

If you're playing TRON 2.0 Multiplayer right now, I think you should read Avi's latest post on his new MySpace blog. Avi is a very active member of the community, who I also think deserves a lot of kudos for his efforts to help bring life back to TRON 2.0 Multiplayer.

Some of the language in his post is a bit strong, but I believe his message is important and everyone playing the game should definitely read it.
 
<< Home

14 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous April 16, 2007 1:37 AM
    Apologies; fan of TRON though I am, I'm clearly just not sufficiently in-clued (or for that matter, active in the community) to make next-to-any sense. Is there any background to this post?
  2. Anonymous April 16, 2007 3:59 AM
    For sure this post of Avi is more related to those being part of tron2.0 community for a longer time, so you can understand the whole drama itself. For someone like me it is like i can clearly read the names pointed at between all of the lines.
    So troff, if you don't understand the background of it, nevermind. Just understand the truth and the fact that is behind a lot of Avis words, because -no- community needs those freaks described by him, but unfortunately nearly every community owns one or more of those freaks.
  3. Anonymous April 16, 2007 4:17 PM
    Is this about Nicola?
  4. Anonymous April 16, 2007 8:37 PM
    I communicate about alot of topics, I talk with alot of people, I can only guess the problem is controlling the perverse predator like nature of some, who desire to be control freaks.
    While some may never understand who, or why it's relatively simple to understand.

    A lack of love, toward the few who want to engage in love me and hate me mentalities, is like magnetizing a needle, they both point north, and south, and find thier way into Tron 2.0 media outlets. (i.e. www.boxhat.com)

    Honestly, I get along with most people, since I listen. But when I am judgemental, I make sure they know exactly what I think of them.

    Even though I was talked to as though I was exotic, I have reguarded almost all thought in relation to Christ's judgements that I've learned all my life. I find, that they would no longer disguise themselves, nor fear the real need for real authority, guidance or friendship.
    I have very polite conversation with everyone I know here, reguardless, of what they construde of my friendships, even when they are bumpy, I never neglect my duty as a friend, at first.
  5. TronFAQ April 16, 2007 9:52 PM
    Troff, like Xistence said, if you don't play Tron 2.0 Multiplayer then don't worry about it. Feel free to ignore this article.

    The point behind Avi's message is that players and server operators should be more aware of any players that like to cause trouble and spoil the fun for everyone else. Things have picked up lately - the number of players has increased, at least for now - and now is precisely the time we don't need any crap that could cause them to became angry or frustrated, and leave again.
  6. Anonymous April 17, 2007 2:02 AM
    For a long time, I tried to "sit on the fence". However, all this did was give me splinters in my rear end.

    I didn't pick a side, it picked me...rather, certain players picked me. The ones that strive for positive growth among the community welcomed me, while the others tried to shoo me away like a common housefly. I still recognize who did the welcoming, and who did the shooing.

    To support, condone, or even excuse such negative activity is to give power to this detrimental cluster of riffraffs. English philosopher Edmund Burke said, "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

    I generally think of myself as a good man, and "doing nothing" isn't on my list of things to do.

    My only regret is that I don't run an online server...so that I can ban them for my own enjoyment.
  7. Anonymous April 17, 2007 2:46 AM
    I honestly don't know why the admin/mods dont just IP ban the troublemakers and their accounts. :\
  8. Anonymous April 17, 2007 4:09 AM
    [quote]I honestly don't know why the admin/mods dont just IP ban the troublemakers and their accounts. :\[/quote]

    To act as admin requires to make decisions an admin has to do, and a lot have their problems to make those, as they fear a lot of things: loose of reputation, pps who would revenge etc.

    So it is understandable that someone make a step back when it is about banning. But, like avi already said, doing nothing always opens doors and gates for people with a bad intention.

    As long i stick to this community i won't let those troublemakers having an easy life, and i'm known for that.
  9. Anonymous April 17, 2007 5:53 AM
    Thanks for the... well, okay, not background. But at least for some kind of slightly-better understanding of the context.

    Would that I was a "more active member" of the multiplayer (specifically) community ("I'm tossing together ideas for a fanfic" community, on the other hand...).

    I don't know how you guys do it. I'm going to blame job, life and lack-of-TRON2.0-for-Linux.
  10. TronFAQ April 17, 2007 11:19 AM
    Well - like I said before - I prefer to do articles that are of interest or entertaining to a broad range of Tron fans. To report any news I come across. And not to do too many opinion pieces. So this will have been the exception rather than the rule. But I felt it was extremely important to a certain section of visitors.

    I guess we were all hoping that drama in the game's community would be a thing of the past now, yet it's coming back to haunt us again. This has been something ongoing since the game's release. Despite having such a small community, it's been like watching a major soap opera unfold.

    You'd think with as few players as we had to start with, and especially now with so few left, we could all get along . . . but no. I personally loathe being at odds with anyone, but I will do so if anyone is less than fair or honest with me or their fellow fan.
  11. Anonymous April 17, 2007 8:39 PM
    Okay, see, that's just not fair. Now I'm curious, damnit. :-)

    No, I understand it's something people would want otherwise buried. It's just like dangling a tiny mystery in front of me. I hate mysteries...
  12. Anonymous April 18, 2007 4:31 PM
    hey, i think were forgeting that avi got the idea for the tourneys from MY crappy idea fro clans! :P but seriously though, avi has been a great contributer to the community and his myspace reflects it. and tronfaq, it doesnt matter how big or how small a games community is... theres always that one person...
  13. Anonymous April 18, 2007 7:52 PM
    nice post Avi! nice to see some fresh scripts standing up for the community!
  14. Anonymous April 19, 2007 7:36 PM
    I've been finding ex-Tron 2.0 players on MySpace, and a few are thinking of re-installing the game...and since they have already visited my site, they know what we expect when they play. I've been directing them to Boxhat, Tronfaq's site, LDSO, Tronlink, etc. A few more decent players will help us forget about the unpleasant ones.

Post a Comment