A companion to the TRON 2.0 Unofficial FAQ that provides up-to-date
news about the TRON 2.0 gaming community and TRON in general.



If you're having trouble with the TRON 2.0: Killer App Mod
Read this Troubleshooting Guide




Do TRON 2.0 And TRON Evolution Work On Windows 8?

By TronFAQ on Monday, October 22, 2012 at 11:15 PM


This video is long and a bit boring, but I wanted to show any problems I had in getting TRON 2.0 or TRON Evolution running in Windows 8. So I demonstrate where I hit roadblocks, and how to get around them.

I also wanted to prove the games actually were being installed and attempted to run on Windows 8. So they've been run in windowed mode, rather than full screen. Unfortunately, Camtasia Studio isn't so great for recording games. Any choppiness or stuttering is because of that.

Windows 8 isn't available at retail just yet, but I personally do not recommend upgrading to it at this time. The Enterprise Evaluation trial version I'm using is the same RTM code as what will be sold at retail. When it comes to playing games, stick with Windows 7 for now. If I change my mind on this, I'll update this article. Despite the recommendation, TRON 2.0 does run even smoother on Windows 8 than it does on Windows 7. Believe it or not.

It's best to watch the video in higher quality HD so you can see the details better.

Link to Games for Windows Live Client that works on Windows 8:
http://sdrv.ms/O2WvBt
Right-click gfwlivesetup on that page, then click download.

NOTE: v1.2 of the Killer App Mod isn't available yet. I'm currently working on it, and hope to have it done by the end of 2012. The current version is v1.1.
 
<< Home

1 comment so far.

  1. TronFAQ October 31, 2014 1:56 AM

Post a Comment