A companion to the TRON 2.0 Unofficial FAQ that provides up-to-date
news about the TRON 2.0 gaming community and TRON in general.



If you're having trouble with the TRON 2.0: Killer App Mod
Read this Troubleshooting Guide




TRON MMO Rumor?

By TronFAQ on Monday, June 05, 2006 at 7:53 PM
Rashala and 9VoltChicken have told me that there is a rumor going around, that a TRON Massively Multiplayer Online game (MMO) was being discussed at E3 2006 behind closed doors. No word on whether this was actually in the process of happening, or if it was just a proposal.

I thought I would mention it, even though I'm filing this under the "I'll believe it when I see it" department.

I'd still personally prefer an expansion or follow-up to TRON 2.0, in the same combined RPG/FPS vein. But any new TRON-related products are good news.

If BVG becomes involved with this hypothetical product . . . support your damn game properly, this time! But I get the feeling that's still too much to ask.
 
<< Home

10 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous June 06, 2006 3:48 PM
    Did you notice that some new user started thread in the TRON sector asking about an MMO? Market Research Perhaps?

    -Z
  2. TronFAQ June 06, 2006 6:06 PM
    Yes, there have been a couple of suspicious threads like that on Tron-Sector lately. I immediately thought "marketing plant" when I read them.

    The other one was about the Tron movie sequel.

    In both cases a new user signed up, and the first question they asked was about a potential Tron product.

    BTW, I can assure you that employees of Disney DO visit Tron-Sector. They also visit this site, from time to time. So the higher-ups in the suits are at least vaguely aware that there are people who want more Tron.

    The question is, are there enough people to get them interested . . .

    That's why the comic, for example, MUST do well. It's make it or break it time, for Tron.
  3. Anonymous July 20, 2006 12:10 AM
    I have had conversations with Disney Online employees and there have been talks, although I know nothing official. BVG won't be doing the game do to the same reasons they backed out of supporting 2.0. There was some internal conflict between them and Disney Online, makers of the ToonTown MMO. Now D. O. does all net related games. And they use the open source engine Panda3d.
  4. TronFAQ July 20, 2006 6:22 PM
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
  5. TronFAQ July 20, 2006 6:37 PM
    BVG won't be doing the game do to the same reasons they backed out of supporting 2.0. There was some internal conflict between them and Disney Online

    Hmm, I hadn't really considered that. Very interesting notion. So BVG and DO squabbled, and DO took over online games . . . and possibly this was punishment for the BVG division, due to their poor performance in supporting TRON 2.0.

    It would serve them right. Just too bad the customers of the game have to suffer even more, as a result. (Official BVG multiplayer servers shut down.)

    BVG is truly one of the worst examples of the industry, I've ever seen. I can't believe they won "best newcomer" at the MCV Excellence awards. They hardly deserve it, with their horrible support.

    There's only one problem I have with this theory. Desperate Housewives has been announced as a BVG title, and it's an online multiplayer game. So, to state that DO will be doing all online titles from now on, doesn't appear to be true. Unless . . . BVG is developing it, and is DO administrating the online portions of it.
  6. Anonymous December 09, 2008 8:12 AM
    I want to play a tron MMO :D
  7. Anonymous December 30, 2008 3:10 AM
    I would love to play one!!!!
  8. Jared's thoughts May 15, 2009 1:41 AM
    A Tron MMORPG would rock my world.
  9. Rodrigo December 20, 2010 6:33 PM
    I'd definitely leave WoW for a decent Tron MMO. With a decent gameplay of course.
  10. Matthew January 02, 2011 3:29 PM
    A tron mmo would be amazing becaus e you could have training , group wars , handicap matches and bike races , city wars, user vs progam battle you get to choose who you are at the start i only thought of a tron mmo after seeing the remake which made me and my friend think this would be an amazing mmo

Post a Comment