A companion to the TRON 2.0 Unofficial FAQ that provides up-to-date
news about the TRON 2.0 gaming community and TRON in general.



If you're having trouble with the TRON 2.0: Killer App Mod
Read this Troubleshooting Guide




TRON on XBOX Live Arcade Update

By TronFAQ on Saturday, June 23, 2007 at 2:56 PM
While recently browsing the web, I came across some items of interest regarding TRON and Discs of TRON for Xbox Live Arcade.



First up, is that there are now some higher-quality videos of both games in action.

TRON Videos
Discs of TRON Videos

1Up.com seems to think that the games were released on June 15th, if you look at both of those pages carefully. (Notice Release Date: 06/15/07.) That's news to me. If they were already out, I think I would've heard of it by now and it would be plastered all over the internet game sites.

I also found this article on the site Destructoid, where the author slams the TRON Arcade game on Live. I would slam it too, but for a different reason. Not because I think the games won't be any good (I'm sure they will be), but because I feel they're a weak offering from Disney to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of TRON. Rather than make something new, they just re-release the old arcade games in new packaging. Big whoop. But that's just my personal opinion.

What's really amusing about this article, is that the author is bitching about the TRON Arcade game because he thought it was going to be a total revamp that featured online 3-D Multiplayer Light Cycle racing. Hey pal, here's a tip. Your wish was granted long ago. It's called TRON 2.0! This is what I'm always talking about . . . the cluelessness with regards to the release of TRON 2.0. People still don't know about this game, even years after release. It's really sad.

What's even more sad, is that Disney Interactive has recently added pages to their site to advertise TRON Arcade and Discs of TRON. Yet TRON 2.0 is completely absent now. How screwed up is that?

Anyhow, as soon as I find out when the games are being released on Xbox Live, I'll report it and fill you all in on the details. Unfortunately though, since they will strictly be available for the Xbox 360: I won't be buying or playing them. I don't want to buy a 360, thanks Disney and Microsoft. So I won't be able to review them first hand, and will have to rely on second hand reviews.
 
<< Home

1 comment so far.

  1. Anonymous June 25, 2007 7:51 PM
    I checked the Xbox Live Arcade and no signs of the classic Tron games yet.

Post a Comment