A companion to the TRON 2.0 Unofficial FAQ that provides up-to-date
news about the TRON 2.0 gaming community and TRON in general.



If you're having trouble with the TRON 2.0: Killer App Mod
Read this Troubleshooting Guide




Discs Of TRON Live Arcade Release On February 13th, 2008

By TronFAQ on Saturday, February 09, 2008 at 4:42 AM

So, the other shoe finally drops. Discs of TRON for the Xbox 360's Live Arcade will be made available next week on Wednesday, February 13th according to a press release from Disney Interactive.


Why the releases of the original TRON Arcade and Discs of TRON were delayed for so long, is a really interesting question. But they are finally both here.

The release mentions the 80 score that the game received from the US version of the Official Xbox Magazine (OXM), but naturally neglects to mention the 20 score from the UK version of the magazine.

Considering the lukewarm reception to TRON Arcade by gamers and fans, I'll be watching closely to see if Discs of TRON fares any better.

UPDATE: The negative reviews and fan disappointment continues with Discs of TRON. Can't say I'm really surprised. It seemed pretty clear to me from the beginning that Disney Interactive was putting minimal effort into the Live Arcade titles.

My favorite quote that sums up how people feel about the TRON Live Arcade games comes from Shane Monroe over at Retrogaming Radio.

Discs of Tron sucks balls. No sale here. Disney Interactive can SUCK MY BALLS for dicking us over TWICE with Tron IP. - Shane Monroe

I truly laughed my ass off when I read that. I've been critical of DI in the past, but never quite used strong language like that. Thanks for telling it like it is, Shane. Very well put. :)
 
<< Home

2 comments so far.

  1. Landry Walker February 24, 2008 10:02 AM
    I've finally been able to afford both games, and from my perspective they play great. In the original arcade (or emulator) I have never been able to get past the three lightcycles or the three tank (yes, I am that bad), but I had no problem doing so on this version, as the controls on those two levels meshed very well with the gameplay. The stick as the spinner knob is a bit tricky, but not horrible once you get used to it. The second game plays perfectly. My first time out I made it to the 6th level without dying once. Not hard to control at all. I really don't understand the negative reviews. There's a bit of a learning curve in one half of the first game, but otherwise, a very solid offering of Tron.
  2. Anonymous February 24, 2008 10:26 PM
    Just be glad they didn't put this much "effort" into TRON 2.0!

Post a Comment