A companion to the TRON 2.0 Unofficial FAQ that provides up-to-date
news about the TRON 2.0 gaming community and TRON in general.



If you're having trouble with the TRON 2.0: Killer App Mod
Read this Troubleshooting Guide




My TRON 2.0 Review For The CRPG Book Project

By TronFAQ on Friday, March 25, 2016 at 12:06 AM

I've mentioned working on this before, but it’s finally done and has been accepted. My review of TRON 2.0 for the CRPG Book project!

http://crpgbook.wordpress.com/about-the-project/

Doing the review has had an impact on the amount of time I could spend working on mod projects, up until now. (Part of why the next version of the Killer App Mod is taking so long.) But there was simply no way I could turn down the offer to write it. :)

I felt it was an extremely important opportunity, especially since my review will be in the same company as those written by people who are luminaries in game development or the gaming press. Such as Chris Avellone (Fallout 2, Planescape: Torment, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II, Fallout: New Vegas), Peter “Durante” Thoman (of DSFix fame), George Weidman (Super Bunnyhop), Jason Scott (Internet Archive), and more.

I want to thank the curator/editor of the book, Felipe Pepe, for being patient with me. It took a long time to write, and I kept making endless revisions to the review. (Which was originally much longer, but had to be edited down to fit into two pages. So I had to pick and choose, which points about the game were the most important to address.)

June 8th UPDATE: The fourth preview of the CRPG Book Project in downloadble .PDF form has just been released, which now contains my TRON 2.0 review!
 
<< Home

3 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous April 26, 2016 2:22 PM
    Congrats on the published review. TRON v2.0 remains the best thing to happen to TRON since TRON itself. I can't believe that it's been over a decade since the game was released! It really is a shame that modding the game is so limited; The graphics still hold up reasonably well.

    I still don't know why LDSO didn't try to create an "Open Source" TRON v2.0 in years past when the TRON community was still more active. The "Open Source" version of Thief (The Dark Mod) has been prospering fairly well for years now. Oh well... At least TRON v2.0 works well in Windows 10...
  2. Anonymous April 26, 2016 2:25 PM
    OK... Maybe I got ahead of myself in the last post... The arcade game was particularly nice for it's time as well...

    Not to mention the lightcycle games...

    The deluxe DVD set that originally came out around the time of TRON v2.0 was pretty awesome for it's time...

    But TRON v2.0 definitely was a great FPS and, as far as I'm concerned, the definitive sequel to TRON.
  3. tomzer1 April 27, 2016 3:12 AM
    Congratulations, sir! Gotta read this now! (^_^)

Post a Comment