A companion to the TRON 2.0 Unofficial FAQ that provides up-to-date
news about the TRON 2.0 gaming community and TRON in general.



If you're having trouble with the TRON 2.0: Killer App Mod
Read this Troubleshooting Guide




TRON 2.0 Unofficial FAQ Updated

By TronFAQ on Friday, June 29, 2007 at 12:05 AM
April 16th, 2010 UPDATE: If you are looking for information about playing TRON 2.0 in widescreen, the FAQ is currently out of date.

See this article regarding the widescreen fixes in the TRON 2.0: Killer App Mod instead.


I've been meaning to do it for months, but I finally got around to updating the TRON 2.0 Unofficial FAQ.

Updates include screenshots and descriptions for the latest custom maps, a guide on how to install and use these maps (which was duplicated from a page already on this site), the best way to play TRON 2.0 on a widescreen monitor, and more.

I've also added answers to some common questions in the "Top FAQs" section, such as: does TRON 2.0 run on Windows Vista, can the onscreen HUD be turned off (for screenshots), and will TRON 2.0: Killer App for the Xbox work on the Xbox 360.

At this time, I don't personally use Windows Vista and have avoided it completely. I will eventually get around to installing and using it later this year, when I upgrade my computer. Once I do, you can expect many updates to the FAQ with specific advice for running the game on Vista.
 
<< Home

10 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous June 29, 2007 4:10 PM
    Thanks for the Update! I dig the new image pop up effect. Very Nice

    -Z
  2. Anonymous June 29, 2007 6:34 PM
    Excellent work Tronfaq!
  3. Anonymous June 30, 2007 4:38 PM
    TRON 2.0 has no Vista issues and is completely compatible with Vista's Games Explorer.
  4. Unknown November 26, 2007 6:47 PM
    Yeah works perfect on Vista. Nice Update.
  5. xenobuzz January 06, 2008 3:56 AM
    I wish I could say the same. Installed the game and it ran beautifully. Installed the patch and it will not start at all. Un-installed and re-installed and still the same problem. I can't decide if I should kill my computer or Bill Gates, maybe both?!

    I look forward to any advice because I love this game!
  6. TronFAQ January 06, 2008 1:05 PM
    Now that I've been using Vista for almost a month: I can personally attest to the fact that TRON 2.0 does work with it. In fact, I'm using the 64-bit version of Vista which - if anything - would cause more compatibility problems than the 32-bit version of Vista that most people are probably using. Yet it still works fine.

    My only issue is a couple of things that should not be transparent, are. (e.g. Thorne is transparent and looks like a ghost.) And certain things using the glow effect are too bright. But I blame that on ATI's current drivers.

    Also, it kind of sucks having to use ALchemy in order to get proper sound on my new X-Fi based card, in Vista.

    Xeno, did you use the Official patch? The Official patch is known to sometimes screw up during the installation process. Try using the Unofficial patch instead, if you haven't already.

    Also try deleting the "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield" folder.
  7. xenobuzz January 06, 2008 1:35 PM
    I didn't know that there was an "unofficial" patch! Where can I get it?

    When should I consider deleting the "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield" folder?

    Dave S.
  8. xenobuzz January 06, 2008 3:27 PM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMWAH!!

    That's a big sloppy kiss from me, tronfaq, as the unofficial patch was my salvation! I was getting this error message with the official one: "Client MFC Application has caused an error."

    It happened again when I tried to Continue Game after a fresh install, but that was easily solved by starting over!

    Many, many thanks!

    Dave S.
  9. Anonymous May 03, 2009 6:15 PM
    I want to know how you guys have Tron working on vista, Because it definitely doesn't work on mine. It says I need directx 9 but vista comes with directx 10 by default. You guys must have some magical Pc's or something
  10. TronFAQ May 03, 2009 8:59 PM
    Magical PCs? Nope. :)

    Let me ask: do you get the Aero effects in Vista? The glass-like transparent borders around windows?

    If the answer is no, then that means the video chip in your computer doesn't support DirectX 9. Which would also be the reason why Tron 2.0 has trouble running.

    There's an off-chance that re-installing the most up-to-date DirectX 9 from Microsoft, could help. You can install DX9 in Vista and it won't affect DX10. You won't end up downgrading. The two are kept separate from each other.

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=0cf368e5-5ce1-4032-a207-c693d210f616

    If that doesn't work, you can always force Tron 2.0 to run by using 3D-Analyze.

    http://www.ldso.net/tronfaq/pages/video.html

Post a Comment