A companion to the TRON 2.0 Unofficial FAQ that provides up-to-date
news about the TRON 2.0 gaming community and TRON in general.



If you're having trouble with the TRON 2.0: Killer App Mod
Read this Troubleshooting Guide




TRON Sequel To Appear In 2010?

By TronFAQ on Sunday, September 23, 2007 at 3:54 PM
I knew something was up when I kept seeing hits to this site, with the search term "TRON 2010". My immediate thought was, where are people getting this from? How do they know to expect the film in 2010?

Well, now I have my answer. IMDB has added a listing for the sequel, as being released in 2010. A little further off than I was expecting.

That is, if this project gets off the ground at all. A listing on IMDB does not automatically mean a sequel is definite. A lot of speculative projects appear on IMDB, only to disappear again just as quickly.

Anyone out there with IMDB Pro access, that would care to drop me a line? Are any more details available on the Pro site? :)
 
<< Home

16 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous September 25, 2007 8:12 AM
    Hmm. The title is interesting, "Tron", not "Tron 2.0". You did say they were talking about a sequel, right? The title would suggest a remake...
  2. TronFAQ September 25, 2007 2:49 PM
    Well, there's a small chance this could turn into a remake. But I doubt it. I think Disney knows by now that people really want to see a sequel. Tron does not need to be remade. Also, the subheading of the Hollywood Reporter article was "Kosinski will program Disney sequel".

    I think the reason why it's simply referred to as "Tron", is because they don't know what else to call it at this point. Should they call it "Tron 2"? "Tron 2.0"? "Tron 3"? "Tron 3.0"?
  3. Anonymous September 27, 2007 4:56 PM
    I've actually seen listings for a movie named "TRON" slated for a release in '09...
  4. Anonymous September 27, 2007 6:08 PM
    Tronfaq, you do realize that movies take about 2 years to make, right? :P

    These aren't 1 year things. Besides, they'll have a lot of 'planning' till then.
  5. TronFAQ September 27, 2007 8:25 PM
    Tronfaq, you do realize that movies take about 2 years to make, right? :P

    No, but thanks for telling me. (Where's a rolling my eyes emoticon when I need it?)

    Of course these things take time. When I said "further off than I was expecting", I didn't mean I expected overnight or even within a year.

    But it wouldn't have been completely unreasonable to expect it already in 2009, perhaps. In fact, if it does take until 2010 to be released: it will probably be due to poor planning by Disney at this point. Because they don't know yet where they want to go with this project.

    I've actually seen listings for a movie named "TRON" slated for a release in '09...

    Yeah, I've seen that. Some sites say 2009, some say 2010. It's all guesswork right now. Either way, I hope the activity going on behind the scenes of this latest announcement doesn't shrivel up and die again.
  6. Anonymous September 28, 2007 6:34 PM
    "I didn't mean I expected overnight or even within a year."

    Yes you did. ;)
  7. Anonymous October 02, 2007 4:59 PM
    "In fact, if it does take until 2010 to be released: it will probably be due to poor planning by Disney at this point. Because they don't know yet where they want to go with this project."

    Nah. 2009 is actually pretty quick in this context. 2010 is just around the corner.
  8. Anonymous October 02, 2007 7:43 PM
    Well, what if it's Q4 in 2009? That'll be in between...

    Or, maybe they might release it the same date as the original? Just some thoughts.
  9. Anonymous October 14, 2007 5:29 PM
    Here's what I found:

    "Tron 2 (2009)

    The Master Control Program is booted back up in this revamped Tron continuation, helmed by commercial director Joseph Kosinski (Logan's Run remake). Original director and co-writer Steven Lisberger is onboard to produce the new film, written by Lost screenwriters Eddie Kitsis and Adam Horowitz. ~ Jeremy Wheeler, All Movie Guide"

    Not sure how much we can trust this, but you never know...

    Here's the site:
    http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/416371/Tron-2/overview

    I'm looking for teaser trailers. Like I'm gonna find anything!
  10. Anonymous October 26, 2007 3:53 AM
    I hope to see this come through. I love Tron. =]
  11. MNM March 24, 2008 3:32 AM
    I heard a few years ago this was going to be done. I was told Tim Burton was doing it. What ever happened with that I dont know. I booked a DJ at the time that was supposedly working on the soundtrack.
  12. Anonymous August 26, 2008 6:44 PM
    I saw a trailer for the new Tron at Comic Con 2008. Jeff Bridges has some role in the film. It was pretty amazing cgi.
  13. Anonymous March 31, 2009 8:15 PM
    rumor is that daft punk is doing the soundtrack for this new Tron movie. Expected release date for their new album (perhaps this tron movie) is mid summer or if we are lucky earlier. however this maybe internet rubbish. or this rumor may hold true... time will tell :)
  14. Anonymous March 31, 2009 10:24 PM
    in the spirit of the 80's it should be "Tron Plus"
  15. Anonymous May 02, 2009 8:13 PM
    I know for a fact the movie will be out 2010
    Dont worry, ull c it soon
  16. Anonymous July 25, 2009 10:33 AM
    Here's a link for the trailer.At the bottom of the page.http://paralleluniverse.msn.com/comic-con/jeff-bridges-tron/story/feature/?gt1=28140

Post a Comment