A companion to the TRON 2.0 Unofficial FAQ that provides up-to-date
news about the TRON 2.0 gaming community and TRON in general.



If you're having trouble with the TRON 2.0: Killer App Mod
Read this Troubleshooting Guide




New Derez Map and Server Changes

By TronFAQ on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 at 4:45 AM
Zook_One has just released his newly finished Derez map, called RGB Processing Grid.




You can download this new map, from HERE.


Due to the release of this map, and for other reasons: I'm making some adjustments to my servers again. The DA and DM server map rotations will change to the following.


DA Server

Map rotation

DISCARENA01
DISCARENA02
DISCARENA03
DISCARENA04
DISCARENA05
Ring -
DSO Map Pack
Disc -
DSO Map Pack
Rhomboid -
DSO Map Pack
Rebound - DSO Map Pack
Tetra -
DSO Map Pack
Coliseum -
DSO Map Pack
Tube Fragmented -
DA Map Pack 1


DM Server

Map rotation

DM-02
DM-01
DM-03
TankGrid-01A -
DM Map Pack 1
Oldskool -
DM Map Pack 1
Prankster Bit Alley -
DM Map Pack 1
DM-1.5A -
DM Map Pack 2
I/O Error -
DM Map Pack 1
Black -
DM Map Pack 1
PartyGrid -
DM Map Pack 1
Morsmap -
DM Map Pack 2
Fragmented -
DSO Map Pack
RGB Processing Grid -
DM Map Pack 1
CTB2 - CTB TDM and CTB Update


In case you're wondering, I do read the chat logs once in a while. (And I even jump in to chat or play, from time-to-time.) The comments I've read, are another part of the reason for the changes. Though I must say, it seems some players are only at their happiest when they can complain.

Oh my ping sucks, oh this map is garbage. Gimme a break, folks. The true test of a player's skill, is whether he or she can handle differing pings (within reason, of course) and unfamiliar maps. And out of fairness: I'm giving several maps a chance to be played, that don't see themselves in rotation very often. (There are people commenting that certain maps seem to be new, when in fact they have been around for a couple of years. They're just "new" to the majority of you, because no one has put some of these custom maps into rotation for a long time.)
 
<< Home

6 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous March 08, 2006 1:59 PM
    TRONfaq,

    Thanks for posting info for people to download the RGB_GRID. That map looks pretty dope! If I don't say so myself... People should download it soon!
  2. Anonymous March 08, 2006 5:48 PM
    I will be adding this map to my collection this afternoon when I get home from work... It looks positively awesome! I could be wrong, but are those MCP columns I see? Very nice...

    As for complaints... Welcome to the internet!!! Seriously though, I hear ya on that point. But then again, I'm usually the one with the highest pings to speak of for tron. (with the exception of mr. 9\/olt who's on dialup.)As for me, no complaints here ;) Keep on rockin in the digital world!

    Also, I've been playing with the idea of making a map of my own for derez play. Of course it'll be my first one, so it'll probably just be a mod of an existing map. Just wanted to let you know, cause I'll probably be crying for help in the near future!

    Thanks in advance for all your insight regarding Tron 2.0; and hope to talk to you again soon!

    peace

    -)G(-weazus.exe
  3. Anonymous March 08, 2006 5:53 PM
    Upon closer inspection of the screenshots (i didn't know you could enlarge them) I see that those are NOT MCP columns, lol! Still, the map looks awesome! Can't wait to get in on the fragging action!

    peace

    -)G(-weazus.exe
  4. Anonymous March 10, 2006 10:28 AM
    i don't know enough about map making, but isn't it possible to create a map where all the players have to fight against a AI??? Like u would play the campaign in team. That would be cool.

    To the new map, i hope the creator reat it:

    The black and white undergrund doesn't look good, because there is no... hmm... How can i explain it... At the black underground, u don't know where to stop, because the background is also black...

    arg, my english is bad...
  5. Anonymous March 10, 2006 10:30 AM
    befor i forget: thx for a new DM map!!! I love Derez and i hope there will be more players in the future playing it!
  6. Anonymous March 10, 2006 7:39 PM
    I think you talking about falling ie compression errors. Yes its a bit dangerous but I like that about the map. I'm tired of everybody jumping around rabbits, on my map you need to be little more careful. But Don't worry, with a little practice, you'll stop falling. I didn't fall at all playing the other night.

    -Z

Post a Comment